The Family Court Support Program provides help to make the family court system easier to understand, while offering supports to women and children affected by violence or abuse.
If you are facing abuse and are headed into the family court system, our Family Court Support Workers can help you. They are trained in the family court process and will help you and your family to safely overcome the many barriers to accessing justice.
Family Court Support Workers provide direct support to victims of domestic violence who are involved in the family court process.
A Family Court Support Worker will work with you to:
- Provide information about the family court process
- Prepare for court proceedings
- Refer the victim to other specialized services and supports in the community
- Help with safety planning, such as getting to and from court safely
- Accompany the victim to court proceedings, where appropriate.
This program does not offer legal advice and is not intended to replace advice from a lawyer.
For further information, please contact us at:
541 Luci Court
Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 1H2
TEL: (807) 344-9579 Ext 2100