Community Action Program For Children
Beendigen provides programing that specifically promotes the healthy development and well-being of children who are facing challenges that put their health at risk.
Children experiencing abuse, whether it is directly or indirectly, can become withdrawn, violent, and lose confidence in themselves. The negative effects on children of witnessing or overhearing violence are similar to the symptoms experienced by children who have been abused. These can include behavioural, physical, and psychological effects.
There are a number of different services and programs available to prevent children from becoming “at risk”. Beendigen provides early childhood interventions that promote a pathway for healthier child development and provide information on children’s nutrition and well-being.
Our CAPC programs and services include:
- Walking Club
- Community Kitchen (cooking together from scratch, seasonal baking, tips on grocery budgeting, recipes, healthy eating tips, and more)
- Crafts for the whole family
- Sewing Group
- Parenting Program (sharing info, ideas, and support with other parents)
- Recreational activities (swimming, movies, bowling, mini put, playgrounds, PA days, and more)
- Education and Resource Opportunities (drop in visits and presentations from a Dental Hygienist, Addictions Counsellor, Housing & Support Program Workers, Family Support Workers, and others)